Wednesday 21 October 2015

Yarn Along

I have been meaning to join in with Ginny's Yarn Along for ages, seeing Amy's post last week jogged my memory and so here is my first yarn along post.  I think it's a great way to keep motivated and to see what projects others are working on.

For this week I'm going to show you my Spice of Life CAL progress, as usual as with most of the  CAL's I work on I'm way behind  but as long as I'm finished this by Christmas I will be happy.


The edges are a bit wobbly and I haven't tackled any ends yet either but both will be dealt with by and by.  I'm enjoying the making of this blanket, I have finished part four and am about to start part five which is just a repeat of what we have done already but in different colourways, I have a feeling that I will be doing a bit of tweaking here and there by adding a few different stitches along the way. 
The Spice of Life CAL is hosted by Black Sheep Wools and Sandra from Cherry heart

I've just started to read this...

Bob one of the lovely clients that attend the Day Unit came in with a pile of books the other day and this one caught my eye.  I can't really give it much of a review at this point because I've just started reading it but I'm liking it so far.  It's about Cynthia who's entire family vanishes when she is just 14 and the story goes on to relate how this affects her as an adult then things begin happen that stir up the past.  

My reading time is usually restricted to bed time so it could take me a while to finish it but so far it's a page turner not such a thing good when you should really be going to sleep so that you can get up for work in the morning. :)

Joining Ginny for Yarn Along






 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

20 comments:

  1. I'm soooo jealous of your crochet ability. It's a beautiful blanket. I'm on with a real good page turner at the minute - I'm reading until I'm skelly eyed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blanket is looking great, Linda. I think I've read that book, at least it sounds very familiar to me. I enjoy stories like that. I hope you're having a good week so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blanket looks fabulous! I have either read that book, or have it to read! I think that I read it, I seem to remember it was good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Spice of Life blanket is beautiful. I want to make one, but I'm afraid of the wobbly edges. I'll look forward to seeing yours progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Spice of Life, I like your colour combination. I'm lagging behind with mine too. I was a bit dismayed when I read pattern piece 5 and realised that it was basically the whole lot again, so I think I lost my momentum a bit with that. Add to that the need to get some Christmas knitting done, and I'm now officially behind with the CAL. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blanket is lovely !!!
    I'm like you...loving reading in bed !
    Have a cosy day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Spice of Life blanket is lovely, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blanket is coming long nicely. So what if you are behind, so long as you are enjoying it, there's no point in stressing over it - I'm trying to adopt this attitude with my wips but not sure I'm convincing myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blanket looks wonderful. That looks like a fun CAL. I thought about doing one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blanket is looking lovely Linda - beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. a blanket is the perfect project for winter, keeps you busy and keeps you warm!!! it's beautiful, i love all the fun colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blanket is turning out so nice! I made a stripey blanket in sampler stitches that is very similar to this and I love it. You're going to love this one too. I've been having a hard time finding something good to read. I started something new last night, but it's not great so far. Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Linda. It's always a joy to see what you are creating. And, this week your lovely CAL blanket is coming along beautifully. I made one of these awhile back but I see you have some new and different stitches which look like a lot of fun to make. As to tucking in all the loose yarn ends, I made a rolled edging for the two blankets I made. You can find out how I did it here: http://lillymycat.blogspot.com/2014/12/crochet-rolled-edging-on-attic-24-coast.html Enjoy your day! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a gorgeous afghan Linda. I did a similar one a couple of years ago ... a great way to practice up on all the different stitches and also use up odd balls of yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful spice of life blanket! Your book sounds like a good mystery. Any book I read in bed has to be a good page turner or I'll just fall asleep ;)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I keep meaning to join in myself, but never seem to be able to pull it together. Love your blanket Linda.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks stunning - I love the colours, Linda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, what a beauty! I'm sure this will become a real treasure, looks great so far :-).
    Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this Linda! I am doing the spice of life too but only started a week or so back, I am up to the waves in Part 4.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your CAL blanket is beautiful. I normally only read at bedtime too which means that either a book takes a long time to read or I am very tired next day because I can't stop reading and go to sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx