Tuesday 22 October 2013

A Lovely Act of Kindness.

I had to share this with you all because sometimes something happens which puts a huge smile on your face and totally restores your faith in human nature.

I went to visit a craft fair last Saturday which takes place every other week at a Garden Centre not too far from where I live. I love visiting craft fairs and am always fascinated with all the amazing things people make.  As I was walking around I came upon a table of beautiful handmade crocheted baby items that one lady was selling and stopped to look and admire a fellow crocheters lovely work.  We got talking as crafty folk do and I happened to mention that most of my work goes to charity and at present I was making things for the Syrian Refugee's.  She asked me if she could donate something and I said yes of course and would call to collect it on my way out.  






This is what she gave me.  I was so touched, I was a stranger to this lady and yet she gave me all of this to pass on to the appeal.

Thank you so much Jean a lot of Syrian children are going to be snug and warm this winter thanks to your generosity. :)

Aren't crafty people lovely people it really warms your heart. :)

21 comments:

  1. What a lovely generous donation Linda! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely lady, I also think people in crafting circles are very generous.
    Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How thoughtful of her to donate all of those beautiful hats and jackets!! What a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a generous contribution too! It really does restore your faith in human kindness as you say. Oddly enough, I just finished a pile of blanket squares for LILY and will be sending them off in the mail this week! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful gifts,respect for humanity!
    Greetings...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! She was very generous with her donation - what a lovely woman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely donations and she will probably go on to donate more items in future. Great networking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful! That's a lot of crocheting, and such pretty well-made stuff too. Things like that boost your faith in people...much needed these days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's so sweet and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, how lovely to hear a nice story such as this. It gladdens the heart and restores your faith in human nature

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic. I believe in karma and am sure Jean will be blessed for her kindness.
    She did a great thing for those who are in need.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heartwarming and lovely. Bless her! (And you.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. People who work with yarn are the nicest people in the world. How lovely of her to do that.
    hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  14. How very kind and generous of Jean, an absolute sweetheart, beautifully made too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful thing for her to do, and such beautiful work - well done Jean, and well done Linda for being there and spreading word about the needy.
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can't beat the generosity of strangers. Warms your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A generous donation! And all looks so cozy, I am happy for the children!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How absolutely wonderful! I love those little baby jackets. So very cute! Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx