Tuesday 26 April 2011

In The Garden

I have made a very slow start in the garden this year.  When I first began with my garden passion I was never out of the garden come rain or shine, now however many years later I have become a fair weather gardener, and a very lazy one at that.  I do love my garden but not with the passion I once did, as I'm getting older I'm finding it quite hard to keep on top of the constant weeding and hedge trimming.  Of course as the garden matures the hedges and tree's grow ever higher and more difficult to maintain.
This Easter Holiday I am glad to say I have managed to tackle the long border and do some work out in the front garden, even cut the grass front and back.  There is still an awful lot of work to do and I intend to do this slowly a bit at a time,  the shed and summer house need a lick of paint too somewhere along the way. Because of the cold spell back in December many shrubs and perennials have died which is a shame, I enjoy watching my old friends bloom each year,  I fear a trip to the garden centre and some serious parting of cash may be in order.

This morning my lovely Pixie Clematis and  beautiful Auricula  shouted out to me and I couldn't resist taking their picture.

1 comment:

  1. Regardless of whether you don't have the passion you once did, the garden remains in an exceptional condition. Congratulations on all the effort!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx